Friday 10 March 2017

"law and morality are intertwined" Discuss.

https://graduateresearchers.com/place-order/Description:
The project is 12k words. I have already begun (7k in) by arguing that morality is inherently & conceptually connected to law. By discrediting the positivists and defining them in the process, I try to show the necessary conceptual connection between law and morality, and that natural law is the necessary foundation to that morality. In doing so, I define each term, and thereby consider Kant, the instrumentalists/utilitarians, and Aquinas. I select Aquinas as the best natural lawyer while disproving the others. I now need to consider how Aquinas"s understanding of natural law and morality ties into what law is/could/ought to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.